• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PQI Turbo 3200 5-2-2-2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i hope so-.-

my bh-5 got crappy over time and after takin the hs off the ocz perf rev.3 i found out-that the chip uses ch-5(but still went up in memtest to 247@3,3vdimm and 11-2-2-2.

my system is stable at 225 fsb 11-2-2-2 with both memory modules and cpc enabled,but before 2 month it had no problem running 238 fsb oO-so new memory is needed-i ordered the stuff cause its one of the cheapest tccd´s with brainpower i could get in germany(kingston is 210 € but has no brain:p)

got an email...dual package is sold out-think i will get 2 single sticks now...should perform the same i hope

Twister1234 said:
got an email...dual package is sold out-think i will get 2 single sticks now...should perform the same i hope

PQI also has a new PC4000 that uses TCCD. It has default timings of 2.5-3-3-7 at DDR500 speeds but will also run 2-2-2-x at DDR400 speeds and best of all, its actually cheaper than the PC3200 stuff (about $235 US vs $245 for the PC3200 at newegg). I don't know how the prices would compare where you live.

I read over a post over at XS from one of the OCZ guys saying that they are using their better TCCD in their PC4200. It makes sense that PQI would also use their better (or at the very least just as good) TCCD chips in the faster rated ram.

With a little luck you might be able to find these in the dual-packs.

Twister1234 said:
https://www1.alternate.de/html/shop/productDetails.html?showTechData=true&artno=IAIDPS&#tecData

ok-if thats the right one-i will order that-its about 10 € more-but thats not so much...

Those are the right PQI for TCCD, however, I just re-read your first post and need to clarify something. Not too long ago there was a series of threads, here and in other forums, about "voltage-loving" TCCD being available as the result of some minor die revisions. There never has been proof or substantiation of this or which chips do or do not respond to the voltage (or I should say, I've never seen it, it may exist). I'm of the opinion that is just happened to be a single or a couple of production runs that for some reason or another had this trait, but I don't think that you say that these chips do or don't respond to additionala voltage. As a general rule, TCCD chips do not respond to higer voltages.

Here is a review link on the PQI PC4000.

http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/memory/PQI_Turbo_PC4000_1.html

It may very well ) and I hope to hear back from you that they scream at 3.1v plus :) ). It seems that those that did respond had a manufacturing date of 0431 and beyond, but not all responded favorably. Here's wishing you an 0431 and beyond for Christmas.

Back