• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ENTER, F3 and R do nothing when I reinstall Winbloze

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stupid Boy

I'm reinstalling Winbloze on a Dimension 8300 for a friend. I have a Dell Winbloze XP Professional CD, but I am not sure of whether it is from the Dimension 8300 or a Dimension 8200.

I get to the screen that gives these options:

ENTER - Install
R - Repair
F3 - Quit

Regardless of what keys I hit, nothing happens. The keyboard works; I tried two keyboards.

I do not own a Dell. I tried using my Winbloze XP Professional CD (The one that you'd buy off Newegg), and the install started when I hit enter.

Two questions:

1. How can I determine whether the CD is for the Dimension 8300 or 8200?
2. What is causing this problem?

Pretty much all dell oem cds will work on all dell systems. They don't like working on nondell systems. There is a program over at msfn.org called nlite that might help you out.

http://nuhi.msfn.org/download.html

This lets you slipstream servicepacks and change install options including bypassing the initial setup screens. I've used it to make complete unattended xp install cds. It's very slick.

Back