• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Samsung PC3200 - what is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

Hey all,

since reading up alot on memory and new stuff i need - i keep hearing these TCC chips this and that, Bh5 and Bh6 etc etc

I am curious, how can i tell what my samsung is?

it is a single stick of pc3200 - 512mb and i have had it overclocked to 233 FSB 1:1 with stock voltage, now i bought this chip like almost 2 years ago.... since it is pc3200 it is rated to do 200mhz so 233 is, i would think, a darn good O/C'r...

A good way to check it would be to take the memory out and read what's written on each individual chip.

I think mine are TCCC or something like that, can't remember.

Mine are doing pretty well too with a max of 230 with 2.5-3-3-8 1T @ 2.7v.

kew, will do - should be home in about 30 mins so shall let yeah know! cause if they are that good i will just look for a second 512mb chip instead of buying a new 1g set :D

Suma said:
If I'm not mistaken TCC4 means DDR400 3-4-4-8,
Where TCC is the same but with 3-3-3-8.

Suma.

that is correct, seems like youve memorized all the specs,since the speed mechanc is gone its nice to have someone that knows this stuff without everyone having to look it up..

so then this seems to be a pretty good chip? if that is the case then i just need to find another samsun pc3200 tcc4 chip instead of buying that kit - starts looking.

if i have some time i will try to tweak it - see how high i can go on the FSB. - what is the best memory stress tester?

Well the first and foremost one I think would be memtest. Not sure if that's what you were looking for though.

k, wsant sure - i have never really stresed my ram, - i have used prime95 and choose the RAM one that uses more ram.

well depending on how well our turkey cooks maybe able to get around to this tonuight.

I have DDR400 Samsung 337 TCCC, and I can do 242@3-4-3-8/11 stable (2.9V)
That is pretty much the maximum for those chips , unless you can get more VDimm.

^^ will have to try mine out to see it's absolutly max, i have not really tried to push it that far.

Have some nice 2700 DLT CB3 sammy that does 265 fsb + s/c 3,3,3,x with ~ 3v.. need to max the dfi on it ;)

Actually lately I tend to think 242 is my system limit, not memory.
I KNOW TCCC will get even better results/higher clocks with over 3.1 V.

Back