• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gskill pc4400 in an xp?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

austinbmxnig

currently running 220@2-2-2-5 i wanna try to hit 2.5ghz but i don't think my cpu will do it, hl2 runs soooo good, santa maria!

Sounds like its working out for you. Gskill ram is some of the best, and it will do you wonders if you move to A64.
What version did you get?
I have the PC4400 LE kit.

That mobo will limit you (mine did when I used to OC, that's right I quit OCing for awhile back now). That is probably the max FSB OC (or 225ish but surely not 250) that will run stable on it. If anything, you should switch to an NF7-S v.2 or an AMD 64 setup.

oh yeah, i forgot to say that the whole reason i got the ram was for when i went a64, i just got it early because i didn't have enough money to get a 3500+ winchester and a k8n neo2 and i really needed a gig of ram anyway. I wish i could use lower multipliers on this desktop barton, that way it could really fly, im using the uber bios right now and the ram definately has room to go at 2-2-2-5 because it handles 222mhz just fine and hit 4500 pcmarks, i've only had the ram for a few hours now but 222 at 2-2-2-5 is incredible, i think im gonna try trats 1012emod bios but i don't know whether to use cpc on or off, from what i've read it depends on if the ram is 1t or 2t but i can't find out anywhere on the g.skill site, if any of you guys happen to know by all means post it here.

oh sorry and its the 2.5-3-3-7 timings

Last edited:
Osirus said:
the ram is rated 2.5-3-7-3 1T
alright i flashed to the cpc on 1012, i was on the uber 1013 with new sata drivers, i'll see how i like these trats emod

Last edited:
still won't boot at 227mhz, oh well, im pretty sure its the desktop 3200 limiting me, man if i only had a mobile and a nf7 this thing would scream, oh well, i don't really care as im gonna get the 2nd gen 90nm core's as soon as they come out (supposedly in the first 1/4 of 2005)

Back