• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proper Clock Settings? Corsair 512MB DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DohDoh

Hello,

I have the Corsair Value Select (VS512MB400) 512MB PC 3200 DDR RAM. What would be the best clock settings for this fine piece of memory? :santa2:

Thanks and Merry Christmas! :santa:

To find the "Best" clock settings, do the following:

Increase your FSB by 2-3 Mhz until it either refuses to boot.(Either Windows Blue Screen, or it just won't boot)

IF it doesn't boot, restart your PC, get into the bios again, and drop your FSB by 2Mhz.

Run some form of Memory Benchmark program.

Record your score.

Increase your CAS latency by .5(Or the minimal) and continue to increase your FSB. Repeat process until your memory scores are LOWER than the last memory scores you got. IF they are lower, drop your latency to the last speed where it could boot with your RAM at the lower CAS Latency.

This will give you the best RAM performance. Good luck!

I haven't begun to overclock my computer yet. It's running at stock speeds so will overclocking the memory or changing the time be useless?

Merry Christmas! :santa2:

Not "Useless' per se, but it won't be nearly as effective.

please post your motherboard m8.

Elif Tymes said:
Not "Useless' per se, but it won't be nearly as effective.

please post your motherboard m8.

MSI 6758. (875 intel chipset)

Thanks! :santa:

screw OCing the memory if u dont wanna OC ur processor...like me. so what i did is just adjust my timings...it was at 3-3-3-8-2Tstock...those numbers might not be right since i cant remember if it the first number was 2.5 or 3...(see sig for mobo make/model). I got it down to 2.5-3-3-7-1T...i used EVEREST's latency benchmarks to see what happened...it dropped from 62.x ns down to 55.x-56.x ns!!!! i noticed my games loading slightly quicker...but not much...still it was great fun.

Back