• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I'm asking this question to those that are out there and actually use a lot. Right now i'm sitting on 512mb of mem on my mom's computer and it works just fine. However at my home I have 1gb as you can find in my sig below. I like to play games and such like Star wars galaxies and also use my computer quite a bit for encoding and such. Any of you think I would notice a difference if I went from 1gb to 2gb? It is for the system in my sig.
Thanks
Duck

there is only one time when you need 2gb of ram and that is when running doom3 at ultra quality mode.however since you only have a 9700pro 2gb of ram will make no difference whatsoever.so if you want to spend money get either a X800 or a 6800 gfx card with 256mb of onboard memory before you even consider getting 2gb of ram.

Its really pointless having 2gigs of ram for a home sytem, unless u wanna run HL2, Doom3, UT2k4 lol
1gig is plenty 1gig 512mb would be awsome, anything above that is not really worth the money..

Thanks for the help. I'm just wondering where the bottleneck in my system exists. I guess I could accept the fact that it's my processors but They just seem to handle everything.

i just noticed your cpu in your signature and it is most definitaly your bottleneck you have been looking for.you will need to get a much faster cpu before even thinking about upgrading any other component in your system.

Back