• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to find cheap memory.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

Ok guys I have the media PC that you see in my sig with 2x128mb memory. I wouldn't mind upgrading to 2x256 or even 2x512. however I can't seem to find any that are cheap. All I see here is people with older but top of the line stuff. Anyone know a place to just get some cheap "crap" memory?

Fry's local store or its' affiliate Outpost.com sometimes runs very good deals on value ram...

m :)

Or if you want real cheap you could find some local computer store and get some generic ram.

go to best buy or cc look at the chips on the kingston valueram. if the module has good chips ie micron -5bc/hynix d43/ samsung tccc/ u can get some good ocing ram for cheap especially if they are on sale/rebate. you can also look at the pics in newegg ram section sometimes u can make out the chips on the module like buffalo. also can get good deals in the classified here..

the ram won't be for Ocing. It is for my media pc which runs at 1.8ghz which is more than enough believe it or not. It just needs more memory. It's stable as can be and I don't OC it any all it does is sit there, never turn off, and run completely stock. So regular generic ram is just fine. I just didn't want to pay $60+ to do it. It only has two slots so I basically have to get two sticks.
Duck

Back