• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can i find a free copy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anothermbdusted

I just ordered my new hard drive for my notebook and would like to transfer everthing from the old 40 gig to the new 60 gig what is the best way and cheapest to do so? I use xp home if that matters at all.....

did i confuse you all or something cause i CANT connect 2 hard drives on my laptop to one another...this is not a desktop and i dont know how you can do that on a laptop but if you got a idea then please share with me cause i would be interested to know.......and thank you for that info about the programs to look for xenocide,moho ill look them up....

ahh i see,
Network your computer to a desktop, copy your needed files, install windows on your new HDD, then network the comps again and transfer your needed files back to your computer..
also if u wanna spend a little money, get 1(or 2 for faster) of these and hook them both up to a Desktop:
http://www.cableco.com/1920-00C.html

Get the little adapter that moho linked to, and then download a little program called "Clonemaxx" (Google it). Copy the program to a floppy, install your lappy HDD, and a blank desktop HDD to your desktop. Put the floppy in the desktop, and make sure BIOS has the floppy as the first boot device, and boot off of the floppy. Follow the instructions to copy the laptop HDD to the other HDD. Remove the old lappy drive, install the new lappy drive, and repeat the copy process, from the desktop HDD, to the new lappy HDD.

I did this on a customer's laptop, and it worked just fine.

steve

k got it taken care of went over to a friends house and used his to do the copy after going to the cmptr store to get adapter and it worked np at all now just got to install it into this one and ill be good to go ty for all the responses

Back