• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil 1GB DC Kit 333 Instead Of 400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I've just purchased this GEIL 1gb Dual Channel kit now with me running a 2500+ Barton I can't overclock it to make it a 3200+. It just resets after changing the settings and won't load not even into the POST screen I've set the memory too run at 333mhz under 400mhz so at my BIOS it says 333/400.

Since changing it from 400/400 too 333 my system seems faster is this because of the FSB my CPU is using that I'm not getting any more speed from my memory. The FSB is 167mhz to match the default 2500+ settings.

I'm after just purchasing a 3200+ but they seem to be hard to get now Sempron's are in the market. I have seen a couple for £95 for the OEM model but for a OEM that's a little steep is there any other places I can get it cheaper.

Timings Checked

I've recently used that small program CPU-Z to tell me more info about my system. It states under MEMORY what each chip is in each slot I have both my 512mb sets in SLOT 1 & 3 so 512mb 200mhz. The timings it then shows under SPD are for 166mhz and 200mhz if I got into BIOS and select my ram to run at 400mhz so 400/400.

The timings are auto set to run at 200mhz but since my system is using a 2500+ FSB 167mhz even if I do set it too 400mhz's timings. My system seems very sluggish sometimes for example it takes 2 mins to get rid of the SEARCH program within XP. I can close it but the windows will remain at the bottom for a while.

I've just looked at a local website and I've ordered a 3200+ for £90 since I'm selling my Barton to a friend for £55 it's basically a £35 price tag.

I noticed your using the Golden Dragon Edition don't know what that is to the likes of mine but what timings are you using. My BIOS is the latest edition R1.10 there is a R1.11 but you need to use a Sempron CPU to make it work.

The timings to make my memory run at 200mhz are 2.5,3,3,6 but since my system seems sluggish with it against my 2500+. I've set it to 333mhz standard it seems faster when set to that mind you someone did say to when I asked about setting my memory too 400mhz.

That using a 2500+ you may not notice any difference in speed due to the FSB and your 2500+ not been able to be overclocked.

Back