• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows xp cd / cd rom problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mxthunder

I just got a new shuttle motherboard to replace a cheap ECS one. I also got a Barton 2500+. I knew that I would have to re install windows, but when I tried, it would only get to 4% and stop. I tried several times, and with different cd roms, and different windows disks. No luck. It gets to a certain dll file, then says that it cannot find it. If i choose to skip that file, it will not read any more files off the disk. It does this with xp home and pro. Any ideas?

It may just be a BIOS related issue...try resetting CMOS, and loading either "Optimized Defaults" or "Failsafe Defaults" in the BIOS. The "Defaults" setting name may be called something different...maybe something like "Load Factory Defaults". Also, which model of Shuttle board are you running, and what are the rest of your system specs?

Tried all that. Thanks for the reply. Got the problem figured out. I did a full reformat instead of a quick one. :)

Back