• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ or Corsair?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

I am considering buying either:

Corsair

-or-

OCZ

Which one would be best for my system?

I intend to stay with AMD 64, but I am planning an upgrade to S939 Q2 next year.According to the poll Corsair is the better ram...

Last edited:
The OCZ is better ram by far. Corsair just tends to get the nod simply because of it's brand recognition. Besides, the Corsair is not TCCD, which is exactly what you need to be looking at for an Athlon 64 system. Besides, the Corsair version of TCCD ram would be the Corsair PC 3200XL.

deception``

deception`` said:
The OCZ is better ram by far. Corsair just tends to get the nod simply because of it's brand recognition. Besides, the Corsair is not TCCD, which is exactly what you need to be looking at for an Athlon 64 system. Besides, the Corsair version of TCCD ram would be the Corsair PC 3200XL.

deception``

Excuse me sir, but the link he listed shows the XL version of Corsair's memory which uses Samsung TCCD chips. The "XLPT" just means XL Platinum heatspreader. Either brand would work for you, just your choice. I know for a fact that OCZ uses brainpower PCB's which bring you better performance in overclocking ;)

"Corsair (TWINX1024-3200XLPT) 1024MB (2x512M Matched Pair), DDR400 / PC3200, non-ECC, unbuffered, 2-2-2-5, Lifetime Warranty. Silver Heatspreaders"

Everyone is going with OCZ on this one...
So I think I will get them, plus OCZ sounds like a cool name. ;)

wats the difference between the silver headspread corsair xms and the corsair twinx 3200xl black color one

alright dude it depends what ur gonna do with ur system really and how much ur willing to pay...either way i like OCZ...and if u dont have a budget...id get a gig of OCZ PC3200 VX...that stuff is wicked :D

OCZ is the King of Ram, and there arent many companies even close

Why do people think Corsair is so good, i have no idea. I have never thoght they were good. They have bad engineers and have bad timings on memeory which cant compete with OCZ

Corsair is ran by there reputation which is 3 years old

This is why I choose OCZ on all my systems
315fsb.jpg

I wanted to spend under £200 (Pounds) for 1Gb of nice ram.

It looks like the OCZ is the best one for me. But the corsair stuff I found had low timings, it had 2-2-2-5 and the OCZ had 2-2-3-5.

So even though the Corsair has better timings OCZ is the better ram?

They do sound awesome, they sound to be as good as the OCZ sticks.
But way cheaper, does anyone have any info one the above sticks?

Quattro said:
They do sound awesome, they sound to be as good as the OCZ sticks.
But way cheaper, does anyone have any info one the above sticks?
i have them and i was able to hit 280mhz 2.5-4-4-7, these sticks like high voltage, i did a simply 3.3v vddr mod and was able to achieve tighter timings and higher clocks

I don't want to do any volt mods and I think either my board or my PSU is crap at giving high vdimm.

Quattro said:
What about this stuff?

Sounds very good to me!

Come on, I am seriously considering buying this RAM and saving some money.
With the saving I could get a XP-90 and a decent fan, oh and AS5.

"Patriot Dual Channel 1GB PC3200+ XBLK DDR (2x512MB) Extra Low Latency Kit"

Patriot's Dual Channel 1GB 3200+ solutions offer XBL performance. With XBL performance you can configure your system to the desired performance level. Patriot's 3200+XBL solutions give Extreme bandwidth performance upto PC4200 with timimgs of 33-4-4-8 or Extreme low latency of (2-2-2-5) at PC3200. Patriot's Dual Channel kits are composed of two 512MB modules, manufactured, tested and then immediatlely packaged to ensure relaibility and stability.

Features:

Extreme Bandwidth PC3200 to PC 4200
Extreme Low Latency (2-2-2-5)) at 400mhz
100% Tested at all performance Ratings
Aluminnium Heatspreaders to Reduce Thermal Build up.

Sounds perfect to me!

Back