• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help !!! !!! !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eatmyshorts7569

ok. im trying to install winXP. i go into the installtion and go to teh part that im suppose to choose a partion to install at. when i do it says that this partion is not WINXP competable. when i try to make a partion it dousent make one. any ideas. also this comp used to have winxp and used to work. o and it says i only have 4012MB left out of my 40026MB. why the hell is this. :temper: :mad: :bang head :cry:.

FYI: there are no partions to chose from.

First of all, you need to create a partion to install Windows XP on. It explains how to do that on the screen.

Secondly, it's only 14 MB of space - don't worry about it.

when i try to creat a partion it dousent say anything. it just dousent creat it. when i press continue it says teh partion is not the right format.

You may need to do a low level format i.e fill you HDD with 0's . The HDD maker would have supplied a cd with those tools. For example Maxtor comes with a Max Blast CD.
Look's like your partition and/or MBR table is corrupt. I had a similar problem when my HDD was messed up by SuSe Linux. You should have an option on your HDD Maker's CD, to fill the 1'st 512Kb with 0's. Select that instead of filling the entire HDD. It takes about 4 hrs to fill the entire HDD with zeros.

Alternatively, you may try formatting with a bootable floppy i.e from dos mode.

ok. my comp was a compaq. changed the mobo to NF7-S 2.0. i used to have a recovery partion. but i accedently deleted that. so it comes with nothing.

Back