• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warning if you are about to buy a BIOSTAR mobo!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steveo989

Not officially involved with AAR
If you plan on getting a value mobo make sure you get memory heatspreaders. The bright engineers at Biostar have the cpu heatsink blowing directly onto the RAM :bang head . Just a warning and heads up. I am getting some in the mail from new egg soon. :eh?:

I have had two biostar motherboards and have had problem with this whatsoever.

IrQ said:
I have had two biostar motherboards and have had problem with this whatsoever.

That doesn't make sense. Do you mean you haven't had that problem?

larva said:
Say what?

That's what I said. I don't see what the CPU heatsink blowing air over the memory has to do with having memory heatspreaders.

my system locks up due to memory overheat. because the cpus hot air blows directly onto the ram. I got 8 case fans so it has nothing to do with ambient temp.

he must mean for a SFF barebones...

edit: ^ um yeah why don't you try a different heatsink? you don't find the cpu heatsink inside of a motherboard box

I have never had heat problems from a biostar motherboard. I have the m7ncg NFORCE2 IGP based board. It's a mini board and the air from the heatsink blows onto the ram. I have it highly overclocked with no stability problems at all and a cpu/ram ratio of 1:1.

Do you think my memory is crap than? It was less than $50.00 for 256 pc-2700(333)
Or it may be the video card PCI. Like the screen flutters and shuts off when i mive the page for IE up or down or if I enter any thing like my computer or anything.
I have repaired IE/ scandisk/ reinstalled drivers/ I don't know what else to say. :bang head

The air coming off your CPU heatsink shouldn't be hot enough to overheat the RAM. In fact it could be cooling your RAM if your RAM temperature is above that of the air coming off the CPU heatsink. If the hot air is in fact causing the problem, RAM heat spreaders would not help. They aren't a magical devices that make things cooler. They just increase the surface area so that the heat coming off the RAM comes into contact with more air. They could actually cause a reverse effect by exposing more surface area to the hot air coming off the CPU, if that air is hot enough to heat the RAM.

I say you isolate your problem by plugging the parts in question into another system you know that works.

Nevermind I had a PCI video card that is not compatible put a AGP vid card in runs like a beaut thanks for helping me diagnose it OVERCLOCKERS.com Community.

Back