• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD decoder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PowerDVD is free?

I do not know what you mean but if you mean watching DVD's I use VLC player which is free and I have watched 20+ DVDs with it with no problems.

musawi said:
I am thinking to watch DVDs since I do not think PowerDVD rips DVDs....
Why are you assuming that the thread starter is talking about PowerDVD at all! He never mentioned anything except "Are there any free ones". Plus, no one said that PowerDVD ripped DVDs.... Please read carefully from now on to prevent pointless or clone posts.

Tatuya said:
Why are you assuming that the thread starter is talking about PowerDVD at all! He never mentioned anything except "Are there any free ones". Plus, no one said that PowerDVD ripped DVDs.... Please read carefully from now on to prevent pointless or clone posts.

I think you should take your own advice;) I think you misunderstood his post. He at least posted a program with link just in case the OP wanted to watch DVD's, whereas you added nothing to the thread.

Kendan said:
I think you should take your own advice;) I think you misunderstood his post. He at least posted a program with link just in case the OP wanted to watch DVD's, whereas you added nothing to the thread.
Kendan, I do not want to argue and would rather end this in a more civilized manner.

I DID post a link to a free trial to PowerDVD just in case this is INDEED what the starter wanted.
I asked a question to clarify the matter.
And I asked musawi why he said what he said because no one said that PowerDVD did rip.

And now I ask you, how did I misunderstand his post and how can anyone truly be adding ANYTHING if the OP is misunderstood? Perhaps this is ALSO why OPs are supposed to elaborate in a few sentences or more on the matter, to prevent chaos like this.
hibner said:
Please Ani, your our only hope.
That reminds me of Episode I, by far the worst thing to crawl from the head of George Lucas.

Nvidia DVD Decoder Free Trial

Last edited:
Tatuya said:
Why are you assuming that the thread starter is talking about PowerDVD at all! He never mentioned anything except "Are there any free ones". Plus, no one said that PowerDVD ripped DVDs....

KoolDrew said that he uses PowerDVD, PowerDVD is not free.
I never said that someone said that PowerDVD rips DVDs but if he wants to find a program that rips DVDs it wouldn't be PowerDVD.
So now PowerDVD does not rip DVDs and is not free so it shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread since the poster wants a FREE program. The trial of PowerDVD will ONLY run for 30MINUTES when watching a DVD. I said I didn't think PowerDVD rips DVDs because KoolDrew mentioned it so the idea of getting PowerDVD should be eliminated since it doesn't do that.

Now the argument ends here.

Tatuya said:
Kendan, I do not want to argue and would rather end this in a more civilized manner.

I DID post a link to a free trial to PowerDVD just in case this is INDEED what the starter wanted.
I asked a question to clarify the matter.
And I asked musawi why he said what he said because no one said that PowerDVD did rip.

And now I ask you, how did I misunderstand his post and how can anyone truly be adding ANYTHING if the OP is misunderstood? Perhaps this is ALSO why OPs are supposed to elaborate in a few sentences or more on the matter, to prevent chaos like this.

That reminds me of Episode I, by far the worst thing to crawl from the head of George Lucas.

Nvidia DVD Decoder Free Trial

The chaos is created by you being rude and not reading what is in the first post and what some others have posted. And the part about free is not misunderstood but you keep posting trials. Now tell me again how you read the first post or the others when you do not even grasp what is explicitly stated:confused:

Kendan said:

You added nothing to the thread either!
You're the reason for this whole argument so just SHHHH!

THE ARGUMENT ENDS HERE!

1000tt it is not like you are contributing anything either.

All these posts arguing don't contribute to this thread in any shape or form what so ever so STOP it.

Now the thread starter is online and I just dispatched a private message asking him to visit this thread and tell us exactly what he needs so we are able to help him.

The next reply to this thread I would like it to be made by the thread starter.

the guy stated he wanted a free decoder... last I remeber it's to play DVDs (decode them).

He didn't say he wanted a ripper nor encoder. And by the way, PowerDVD does offer a free trial and it's one of the best.

Limitations

1. 30-day experience duration
2. 30-min audio playback
3. 30-min video playback

Some features such as DivX® are not supported in trial version.

Not so good now haa.

Back