• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what serves better good 3200 or any 4400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It depends on what RAM in particular buy generally PC4000 and higher modules are not quite compatible with AMD motherboards and high speed DDR generally have lower timings and sacrifice other things just to run at these higher speeds. I would go with some good quality PC3200 but I have heard a lot of good things about the G.skill stuff. Anyone know exactly how well the G.skill stuff would perform when overclocking compared to say Patriots TCCD RAM?

I have the Patroit TCCD ram, 2x512mb, and I am rock stable at 9x270 2.4ghz. Its running at 3-4-4-8 at 2.85v. I'm using the stock hsf right now, so that might be limiting my overclocking potential, but my load temp is 55*C with 1.55vcore. The PDP Patriot ram offers amazing performance and overclockability for the price.

-IceDogg

You just have to do your research, but that Patriot RAM is TCCD as the one w/ XBL Technology is the one with TCCD chips on a brainpower PCB. You cna also read the reviews at newegg. The one I linked to has a review where they say it is TCCD chips.

Back