• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bopbop11208

Hi,

Why is that I can OC my XP3000-Asus A7N8X-E with a generic single channel 512mb PC3200 to 200 FSB Stable and when I run it at dual channel 2x512 I have a hard time keeping it stable any idea?

2.5-3-3-7 default

3-4-4-8 when OC single

Addressing two 512MB-sticks is more stressful to the controller - this is a common problem with nForce2 and other chipsets. The thing to look for in the BIOS is Command Rate - which can be set to 1T or 2T. This could also be called CPU Interface or CPC (Command Per Clock). Not every BIOS has this option, however.

If your BIOS doesn't have this option, you could search for a modded version. Don't know if there are many of those for your mobo. However the Abit NF7-series (also nForce2) have TONS of modded BIOSes available, and these almost always come in two different versions (one CPC enabled and one CPC disabled).

Unfortunately I have only 2t, 2.5 and 3t in my bios.... do you think getting a good memory will solve this without me having to get a mod bios?

Last edited:
Back