• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird memory story

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyT/A

Registered
I upgraded my processor and memory from a 2.53 133 FSB and 2700 memory at 166 4/5 ratio to a 3.2 200 FSB and 3200 memory.
When I installed the parts a 3.2 runs at 200 FSB but the 3200 memory runs at 160 5/4 ratio. :eek:

There is no adjustments in the bios for memory ratio as it is a Dell, is there anyway to manipulate the memory ratio, can I get a Custom bios to perform this because it's a pain in the a$$ to have $280 OCZ 3200 Platinum rev2 running at 2700 :cry:

I researched this issue and here is what I found in case anybody has the same issue,

Dells are sold with cas 3 400 memory and if you try to install cas 2 or 2.5 the motherboard will default to 333

how much of a performance hit is cas 3 as opposed to cas 2? Is there anyway to work around this problem with custom bios?

Back