• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my bh-5 mushkin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MagicMonkey

Registered
hey guys i have some bh-5 mushkin and i am wondering at 2.9volts (the hihgest my nf7-s can go) what is the highest fsb i could achieve. I am jsut wondering and i am also about to do the vdimm mod soon. At 3.3-4 volts will i need extra cooling besides the stock heatsinks?

thx

2.9 should net you ~230
3.2 should net you ~240

i would put a 80mm fan over them to keep them cool.

My NF7-S v2.0 overvolts to 3.01v and im having prime stability issues with 2x512 mushkin bh-5 at 2-2-2-11 at 215mhz. Have a xp-m 2600+ and did the L12 mod. I'd call my sticks lesser performing

boostdfd3s said:
My NF7-S v2.0 overvolts to 3.01v and im having prime stability issues with 2x512 mushkin bh-5 at 2-2-2-11 at 215mhz. Have a xp-m 2600+ and did the L12 mod. I'd call my sticks lesser performing

don't rule out your motherboard as the culprit, nforce2 boards can't do much fsb with CPC enabled with double sided sticks

crimedog said:
don't rule out your motherboard as the culprit, nforce2 boards can't do much fsb with CPC enabled with double sided sticks

the man speaks the truth:)

try cpc off.

crimedog said:

not entirely true, as some combinations of bios and memory can get some good mhz with cpc on.......

on a side note..... I had hardly any luck using my kingston bh-5 with the NF7..... I could only get around 210 (2-2-2-11) without issues......

HousERaT said:
not entirely true, as some combinations of bios and memory can get some good mhz with cpc on.......

the only PCB i have see which gets good MHZ with cpc on and 2x512 on the NF7 is brainpower.

of course, there is exceptions to every rule (that was a rule??, hehe)...

I just installed the OCZ DDR booster in my NF7-S and I went from [email protected] to [email protected] at 2-2-2-11 with my Mushkin 512 3500 lvl2(BH5). The bios I am currently using is D27 Taipan 0.2 EB_ED_BPL 3.19 CPC on.

To get high fsb with the 512 a majority of users need a bios with CPC turned off . I have used a total of 4 NF7-S boards and only 1 of them will go over 230 with double sided sticks and CPC on.

very nice dude. i can brealy scratch the surface with cpc on. and forget high multi and high fsb, hehe.

hey guys in my cpuz it says on #channels: single
wtf, I thought i was running dual??

i have 256x2 one in slot 1 and one in slot 2. is there something I need to enable in bios???

1&2 is single channel. 2&3 or 1&3 is dual channel. try all variations (switching sticks in 1&3 and then 2&3) and see which works best for you. for most, 2&3 works well.

lol thanks, I had someone build my computer for me, I know I should be ashamed but my parents wouldnt let me. anyways this "pro" obviously had no idea what the hell he was doing. Thanks for helping me understand what I'm doing haha. I got it in 1&3 right now and im runnin dual ;) how much of a performance gain should i see?

btw im stable at 220fsb at 2.9v

Last edited:
dual will give you 2-3 % mem performance but it will lower your max fsb oc in some cases-so it isnt allways better to run dual channel-depends on the lost max fsb...

Back