• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Pro or Win2k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thlnk3r

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, sorry I didnt do a search =\. I can't decide whether to go with XP Pro or Win2k. I like Win2k because I have 12 processes running. I think in XP isnt there like at least 20 running? I'm mostly a gamer and a browser. Thx guys :)

If have to reformat for some reason I'd go with XP but if you dont have to stick with 2k until the time its essential to reformat. IF 2k meets your needs now then why change? I run XP on my main and the GF's rig but still havn't switched my server from 2k and probably won't untill it dies. 2k is pretty darn stable. Just my 2 cents.....if its worth that much...lol

Having used both, I can say that although I quite liked 2K, once I got used to XP Pro, I do like it better. IMO, it seems that XP is a bit more hardware-friendly, and a better platform for gaming.

Back