• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rcmorr09

Registered
I just uped my memorys voltage to 2.8v my ram is kingsotn hyper x and is rated at 2-3-2-6, when I run it at 2-3-2-6 it crashes out of 3dmark and cant make it 2 mins in the prime 95 memory test. When i turn it to 2-3-3-6 it runs 3dmark03 fine and does not crash out in prime. What could be the problem, I thought it was not enough volts but I uped it from 2.6-2.8 and it still wont work.

Hi I have an amd 2800+, 1 gig kingston hyper x, geforce Fx 5900 slightly overclocked and a WinFast K7NCR18D-Pro motherboard. Im getting in my mobile 2600 tommorrow So i would like to sort this ram thing out before i start overclocking.

Hi now my ram is crashing in prime at DDR400 speeds and at 2-3-3-11. Anyone know what might be causing this? The ram is rated at 2-3-2-6 so it should be fine.
prime5lt.jpg

what power supply do you have? Also, what speed is the hyper-x rated at, i would suspect 200 (pc3200) with 2-3-2-6 timings...

Helsyeah said:
what power supply do you have? Also, what speed is the hyper-x rated at, i would suspect 200 (pc3200) with 2-3-2-6 timings...

Yea your right on, I have a 420 watt Power supply. I set my ram timings to 2.5-3-3-11 and it made it through prime for 6 hours before I stoped it.

If you want to push the timings and if your mobo has higher memory voltage options, try increasing that to see if you can get the memory to run 2-3-2-6...

If you passed the memtest it's unlikely (but still possible) you have memory issues. I'd take one stick out, and use 1 at a time. If one stick fails, and the other works fine, you know its a module. Be sure to test both modules.

The power supply is a valid area and possible problem.. As well as the motherboard. North bridge could be over heating, or something to that effect..

I will do that later, My mobile 2600 just came in so im working on that, once i get it stable I will move back to my ram problem.

Back