• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800-e deluxe ram frequency?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Superorb

Registered
hey, how in the world do i get a p4p800-e Deluxe to run in 1:1 mode. the only values for ram frequency is 400, then 500mhz.... i want to run my 2.4 at 2.6 or 2.8... but the mobo keeps setting the ram to a 3:2 for anyhting over a 210mhz fsb speed...

any ideas?

my dad cheaped out on me for xmas, got me all the goodies but a crapola 512 corsair value ram cas3 POS crap... i wanted a pair of geil 512mb ram... but i didn't get it. he was insulted when i told him he could have it and i'll get new ram... figures... im runnin the ram at 2.65v (at max specs) and i want to hit 2.8ghz on the 2.4c

Never look a gift horse in the mouth, you should be glad your old man reconizes your keen interest in computers. Anyway I don't think you will have much luck overclocking with that ram, still try to relax the timings abit. If you want better ram do some work, earn some money, sell your ram and buy what you want. Read your manual from cover to cover then read it again, it has most of the answers.

well, i read the manual, it isn't very helpful for a motherboard manual... but the only options for ram frequency is 400, 500, and a few numbers under 400. i cant find anywhere to set any type of fsb:ram ratios. i don't want to ask what a good pair of ram sticks would be, because i dont have a huge chunk of change for a nice gig of ram... im looking to only spend like 160 bux for a gig of good ram. no clue on what to get besides that Geil ram i was referring to before.

The ram frequency is controled by the FSB, 400, 533, 800 being default, depending on what CPU you are using. For 400 fsb you would use pc2100 or better, for 533 fsb you would use pc2700 or better, for 800 fsb pc 3200 or better. Look in your bios settings to adjust fsb, ram timings and ratios, it's there believe me. I've got my eye on some corsair twinX 1024 pc3200 cas2 for $206US over at M-Wave that's about as cheap as it gets for good memory. Maybe someone else can find better for cheaper lets see.

the only ratios there is are the pci/agp and that's about it.... where is it supposed to be in the bios. which section or subsection, my board is the p4p800-e deluxe. the board sets the ratio by itself, theres nothing i can do, and it keeps it at 3:2 right now at anyhting over a 210fsb on the cpu...

i hav the same motherboard... (if i remember correctly) its in the jumper free thing then there is something about DDR frenquency... you can select 266, 320 and 400.... 400 is 1:1 for P4 Cs, 320 is 5:4, etc...

I can't remember the exact wording, but in the Advance Settings section you will first need to change the settings from Auto or Default to something like Manual, Expert, User Defined or similar wording. Once you do that the board will no longer attempt to match your ram and cpu at 200, which is what it is doing now. You then set it to the 400 setting and you will be able to overclock at 1:1 memory ratios.

If you can't find it then send a PM to flapperhead ,as he has that same mobo, and he will be able to help you out. You could also post a quick question in the Asus mobo section and I'm sure one of the guys there will be able to tell you off the top of their head. I helped my nephew with his 865PE based Asus board and remember (sort of) but it has been a while.

Twiggs...in your thread you stated problems overclocking at 1:1. Could this be an issue in your 1:1 problems as well? Have you set yours to Manual?

Well I don't have that mobo, I did download the manual, very informative. Starting with chapter 2 pages 13 and 14, ram frequency and qualified vendors. On to chapter 4 page 10 Bios menu screen looking for advanced settings here. Finaly chapter 4 pages 17,18,19, step by step instructions on how to set up memory freq. and timings. I could quote verbatim the manual and walk you thru hand in hand, but since you have the manual I say again read it. Then come back for some more refined answers and help. Try to get this thread moved to the asus intel motherboard section, for more help. As far as manuals go this is a very good one.

First off, one stick of RAM is running single channel. You should run two matched sticks for dual channel to double your memory bandwidth.

Is this a 2.4C CPU? If so, then the 400 setting is 1:1, the 320 setting is 5:4, and the 266 setting is 3:2.

Is this PC2700 or PC3200 Value RAM? If it's PC2700, then you'll probably have to use the 3:2 ratio for a decent O/C. If it's PC3200, then try the 320 setting for 5:4 and bump up the vdimm to 2.7v.

Also, make sure you lock the AGP/PCI to 66/33.

ohhh, see i thought that setting it to 400 would lock it at 400, that's what i didn't understand... thanks guys... ya it's locked at 33/66 already, vdimm is at 1.65 i dont think i can do 1.7, just 1.65, 1.75, 1.85, but m,aybe in .05v increments, it's been a long day. i ordered a pair of 512mb GEIL memory. im on the broke side after xmas... but this should be more than anyhting i will need to rerach my low goal of only 2.8ghz... now my weak link is the slow *** 7200rpm hard sdrives.

one thing i noticed, is that it seems as my P3 800mhz in win2k w/ 256pc133 ram runs faster than my current setup in winxp pro.... it's weird... htings just seem to take longer to execute, windows to pop up. and i had a cheesy 4meg video card in the other setup, and a crappy powercolor radeon 9600pro, which has the slowest clock speeds. i think i got it from 400/300 to 475/325..... sopmething like that

Back