• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GeoXx

Registered
please help me. i just attempted to eliminate a trojan i had on my computer called msiexec16. i progressed. but in the process , i messed up something in the registry. is everyone's registries that same? anyways , i am asking that someone please give me the specific value data that they have for this specific for what i type below :

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command

i typed in something that symantec said to do. but really , without this value data , i am screwed. i cannot open any .exe programs. please , i really need your help.this is the only wrong thing i believe i edited. also , is there a default windows xp registry i could download?

on another note....i just fixed it.....i realized that key wasnt named as that....it was named as

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\commandd

i thought symantec told me to rename it...but i guess it didnt..oh well everything works now

Last edited:
Back