• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speedfan update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shroomer

member with no avatar
I got this in an email from the author of the program:

The fact that you cannot go any lower than 166 depends on the fact that SpeedFan changes only the FSB and not all the dividers.

So... I got to thinking. The Nforce chipset must have the dividers set at boot by the bios, so if I set the FSB to boot up in between the settings I want to use, then I should get a wider range of settings. Sure enough, it worked.

In the bios I set the FSB to 175. Then I set the high speed mode in speedfan to 200 and the low speed mode to 150. No problems as of yet, but hard drive corruption does scare me. Face it, though... We all did this sort of thing before the PCI locks were in place.

Now My little Duron runs at 2100mhz when it needs to and 1578mhz when it doesn't. It boots at 1838mhz. Funny thing is that the low speed setting is just 22mhz below default!

Edit: Through more testing I have achieved a full 133 to 205 fsb change by starting at 168 fsb. I am now completely satisfied and will test no further.

Last edited:
Back