• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what will be the final name of Longhorn?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm, the way things are going, it will be Windows 2021, but we will get interim releases containing subsets of the features in the meantime. :D

I second xp2 from what i can see from windows 2003 It should be pretty good. Other than ME microsoft puts out a pretty high quality product considering the millions of potential hardware combinatios they face. when a system crashes 98% of the time its a device driver problem and not solely a windows coding problem.

i don't know why they went with XP at the first place so i won't be suprise is they call it XPX or XP2006 or maybe XP with sp.3 to me they are getting lazy and to my eyes there is only 2 major new windows OS win 95 and win 2000 (the rest are just upgrades)

What about like DOS? How could you not consider that a new OS, I mean 95 wasnt even the first of the visual OS so really its only a upgrade. Any way it will be called ME the second coming.

I think Longhorn will be out in 2007. I dunno if they will change the name; I don't see why they should. Well, The University of Texas might try go after Microsoft - deep pockets and all.

Windows Crap Edition 2020 -0- Now Includes Service Crap Pack 2, Includes all the spyware u need to start your collection

I think they will call the next OS: Windows DP(deep pockets), or Windows AB(already broken). The big question I have is how much will it cost? Also what hoops will they have for us in activating it, once we do get it.

Back