• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 3700 EB and neo2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Death-Evil

Registered
these scores are awfull!!!!!!!!!
Please explain me what is going on.

Snap11 - 9X256 2T 3-3-3-10 2.85Vdimm ratio 1:1
Snap22 - 9X278 1T 3-3-3-10 2.85Vdimm ratio 4/3 so memory was at 227.5mhz and scores are much much better than 2T at reaking 255mhz!!!!!!!!

can somebody explain it to me???

By the way I love My new CPU:) 1.4Vcore at 2500mhz prime stable:D WHOOHO :bday: :attn:

Attachments

• Snap11.jpg
    Snap11.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Snap22.jpg
    Snap22.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Snap33.jpg
    Snap33.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 47
Explain it...heck I can't even see it. 1T command makes a huge difference. If you're getting better bandwidth at lower speeds then use that. There's got to be a happy medium there though where you can use 1T in dual channel and still get respectable speed and higher bandwidth. Don't feel too bad though I'm still stuck on this AN7(nForce2 ultra) and my mem bandwidth is under 3800.

Last edited:
matbe one of the amd guys can explain it better, buti think 1t and 2t are lhow fast the cpu accesses the memory.so slower accessing will give u slower performance

allright thanks.

Can somebody tell me which OCZ memory will give me the highest speeds at 1T???
because I will probably exchange my EB (max sandra scores I can get with 1T is 6500)

thanks in advance

if u are only using 2.85v u have a great chance of 7500+ in my opinion. these chips generally love hi voltage, thats the key...when u said im gonna get rid of them i got kinda sick to my stomach cause these modules are great overclockers and rare, especially the pc3700 stuff. they are the pick of the litter...goodluck if u decide to use 3.2 volts, i think u are going to be very pleasanly surprised and happy u didnt sell..

I got a few more mhz out of my PC4000EL memtest error free by removing the integrated heat retainers. Voids the warranty, but it's annoying that form has surpassed function as the norm for memory modules.

Death-Evil said:
allright thanks.

Can somebody tell me which OCZ memory will give me the highest speeds at 1T???
because I will probably exchange my EB (max sandra scores I can get with 1T is 6500)

thanks in advance

If you do exchange them...might want to give G. Skill a thought...running 250FSB 5-3-3-2.5/1t@default voltage...this is the LC, the LE's are even better...These will definetly get you to your 7G mark you want, plus at lot more ;)

One more thing, notice I did not turn off anything in my system tool bar...

http://home.insightbb.com/~myglock19/G-skill.JPG

Nice bandwidth glock19owner :rolleyes:
hmm your Super PI calculation should be beter than 34s.
I have lover memory bandwidth, cpu only at 2500 and I have 33s :eek:
what estimated bandwidth efficiency sandra is showing you, and maximum bus bandwidth also???

thanks and congratulations of well OC :)

Death-Evil said:
Nice bandwidth glock19owner :rolleyes:
hmm your Super PI calculation should be beter than 34s.
I have lover memory bandwidth, cpu only at 2500 and I have 33s :eek:
what estimated bandwidth efficiency sandra is showing you, and maximum bus bandwidth also???

thanks and congratulations of well OC :)

The Super Pi was run last, at 2.5G, I am at 32 normally and 31 at 2750...

For maxium bandwidth, have not reached it as of yet...I find [email protected]/[email protected] to be about the right sweet spot with the 3200 and the G. Skill...

And incase you did not know...these are all at 1:1 settings...

7G.JPG

glock19owner said:
The Super Pi was run last, at 2.5G, I am at 32 normally and 31 at 2750...

For maxium bandwidth, have not reached it as of yet...I find [email protected]/[email protected] to be about the right sweet spot with the 3200 and the G. Skill...

And incase you did not know...these are all at 1:1 settings...

7G.JPG

how the hell this memory can candle these tight timings, high bandwidth, these speeds at only 2.7Vdimm?????????????????? :eek:
No doubt bro, this is very sweet spot :D Hope you will go as far as 8K :attn:

Death-Evil said:
how the hell this memory can candle these tight timings, high bandwidth, these speeds at only 2.7Vdimm?????????????????? :eek:

Actually that is default settings for this PC4400 G. Skill...the LE's run default at 7-3-3-2.5/1T@275(PC4400)...and I can do 8G without any problems with the memory...the problems comes with the on die memory controller...thats why i stated I have not found the max bandwidth yet on this memory...

Death-Evil said:

good god!!!!!!! u might have a superset that will run 300+ with 3.2 volts. 275 at 2.7 volts is great. ill bet with 3.2 or 3.3 volts youll be able to run 275 at alot lower latencies (like 2.5.3.3.8 or 3.3.3.8) and mybe 300+ at 3.4.4.8 man ,arent u glad u didnt sell those little gems????

flapperhead said:
good god!!!!!!! u might have a superset that will run 300+ with 3.2 volts. 275 at 2.7 volts is great. ill bet with 3.2 or 3.3 volts youll be able to run 275 at alot lower latencies (like 2.5.3.3.8 or 3.3.3.8) and mybe 300+ at 3.4.4.8 man ,arent u glad u didnt sell those little gems????

They where actually talking about my PC4400 G. Skill Memory Flapperhead...and yes these will run at [email protected]/1T/2.85v...

danr said:
glock is that the g.skill 3200/4400 memory?

The PC4400 LC's...but the PC3200 is still rated at 8-4-4-2.5@275 (PC4400)...so really all G. Skill is PC4400 right now...

Back