• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kblasterbug

Hello every one I just wonna say hello to every one as I am new to these forums and some what new to overclocking. I recently purchased a barebones computer from monarchcomputer.com It is an amd 3200+ athlon 64. It has the following motherboard DFI MB LanParty UT NF3 250GB S754 Audio/GB-LAN/USB/IEEE/SATA/DDR-400/ATX Athlon 64 (754) or to view it go here http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=110453 and it has the following memory http://legitreviews.dealtime.com/xP...ed_ULN_Technology_U_ltra_L_ow_N_oise_shielded OCZ Performance Series PC-4200 (ocz533512pf) 533 MHz. Bus Clock Rate Random Access Memory - I have a 550watt power supply and a good air cooling fan. When I load the computer up in stock settings it runs great. When I load the computer up in stock settings except for setting it to a 1:1 ratio so it is at 200 in sync with the fsb it runs great. From reading these forums I learned that my pc4200 memory is 533 and you have to devide that in half so it comes to 267. Now when I set my fsb to 267 and my multiplier to 5.0 or 5.5 my computer starts to boot however it hangs when it gets to the windows logo screen when booting. However the orange light on my cpu case is flashing so I know it is attempting to load and also the progress bar below the windows logo is moving as well however after a few minutes of still seeing the windows xp logo I turn off my comp. When I set it any thing higher then 5.5 all I get is a black screen and never get to the windows logo screen. When I tried this my memory voltages where at stock 2.60 and so was mobo voltage 2.60. Now when I set every thing to stock except for setting the memory timings at 3-4-4-8 it boots great, however when ever I try to get the fsb in sync with the memory (267 fsb) for maximum performance it fails to boot. Could you guys give me some recommendations for some fsb/memory/volatge settings etc... to try and tell this newbie what I am doing wrong. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Welcome To The Forums!!!!!!!!!!!

You may want to increase the Memory Voltage by 0.1V or the smallest unit your MoBo supports and try again. I usually set the max Memory Voltage at the outset :). My board supports a max Vdimm (Memory voltage) of 2.8V and that is what I set it at.

A couple of other points:

- There is no useful parameter called Motherboard Voltage. Your Motherboard is powered by the 12V ATX line and a +5 V standby line.

-You can play around with the memory timings to exceed 267MHz.

-Your Reboot's may be caused by insufficient Voltage to the CPU when you OC. So you may need to increase the VCore above stock values.

Last edited:
Back