• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i bought these / should i have got these??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What you bought is fine. The 2n one just has tighter timings which would not much of a difference anyway.

If you can cancel the order and spring the extra cash I would do it. If you are gonna spend the cash, may as well get the best.

i figured that i would end up loosening the timings anyway to try to get to 300 anyway. i want to save for a new VC. looks like you have a pretty nice rig there, ninja

im not trying to discourage u,but u ur gonna have a hard time getting to 300+ in dc. most of these maniac oc's are in single channel. its much more difficult to run 300+ (stable)in dc, i know, ive been trying it for a long time.. u need a mb capable of it. a cpu capable of it and memory capable of it. and remember they spec that ram to pc4400 not pc4800.. it might go 300 and it might not, especially in dc..

Well the set you got it most likely just sets that couldn't make the cut at 2.5-3-3-7, so they sell them cheaper at higher latency. I wouldn't expect that you'll get lucky and be able to make the above timings. If that's ok by you, then i wouldn't worry about. However if you wanted those timings, i would suggest you cancel your order. That's more for you to decide rather than us.

Back