• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A cool system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd also like to see commentary... Appears very clean, but could not tell for myself if there were fan filters. Also, I wonder if all those fans are running at 7v or not?

EDIT: Google turned up this:

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1156/

It's official that this system is bad ***, BTW.

Seams the link for the darn thing is slightly off tho...
starts at the second page, first page here.
(Oops, turns out google, and i both went out to get ya the first page, oh well)

Minor detail, offcourse.
(Nice rig)
B!

The original link I posted is correct for the article posted today on the frontpage... it is an update to teh original article, which I didn't notice the rest of until my last post. ;)

"Cool" as in cold from all those fans maybe but Cool as looking good? It looks like a big mess! Sorry for the negative comment but that's my opinion.

What's all in that rig anyways? And how cool is cool? Is it the temp or the looks?

Im sorry but projects like that are kinda stupid in my eyes....instead of buying all that crap how's about you upgrade your ****ty hardware?

So why is it so bad Sen? Its an Opteron running at 3ghz stable enough for cad design work. Which by the way stressed my oc more than running D3 or Prime ever did. It has atleast two gigs of ram, an Nvidia graphics card that easily will render anything you need in CAD(our school has MX440 in our CAD machines.) Heck for anything besides high end gaming that system rules.

Also that Zalman bong thingy is getting something in it from somewhere else. Notice the black tube running into the top of it. If I'm not mistaken thats not how those are setup stock.

As far as why he doesn't have a MAC. If he is using Autodesk products such as Autocad or Solidworks they aren't designed specifically for a Mac. Checking my copy of Autocad 2004 and Revit I see requirements of Win NT, 2000, XP no mention of any Mac os in the literature supplied by Autodesk.

My question is whats the system thats on top of the Opteron? Cuase the bottom one has to be the Opteron(look at the ram configuration difference on each system.). I will venture a gues though that its what he did with his old Athlon after he replaced it with his Opteron. Although it might drive me crazy to have that many fans going while I was trying to draw blueprints or make presicion drawings, but hey I obviously need to concentrate harder.

The only other thing I can say is hey atleast he has a great OC This Dude went way over the top and barely got anything at all out of it except not needing an Air Con unit in the summer.

ok well pointless is all i have to say.

Why would you water cool and run that many fans?
why not just get a BIG RAD. and hook up like 4 120mm fans to it? that would be cool (and have a cpu vga NB SB and custome make a mofits block.) (ive seen it done before)

hmh totaly messy totaly useless

It does look kinda kewl though. The noise would drive me nuts though. My system is silent from 2 feet away.

In my opinion it doesn't look cool.
Airflow distribution looks simply wrong to me. Ducting + active radiator cooling would be far better. And if tht's for "look", instead of using hundreds of fan grillls, there could be used one big sheet of hexagonal grid. Definietly, this won't get my vote for cool system.

I would really like to see comments on this machine. Wow what a mess, no matter how cool he is running, I wouldn't want the set-up on my machine. It almost looks like a junk yard in the room.
I really do not see the need to run both types of cooling? :cool:

Back