• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fraps 2.5 quality issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DerekDRP

Disabled
Ok i try to record my drifting in need for speed udner ground 1. and it records fine.... very good res. and qauilty but when compress it to divx 5.2 it loses some of the quaility... Help please.

PM a mod and get it moved to the games section.
I think other people may be trying to do what your doing in that section.

Sorry I couldn't help.

what kind of quality loss is it? Maybe your bitrate is too low when you are encoding it. If your original video (the one you recorded in fraps) is fine, then its most likely the conversion process to divx.

So the converted divx video has jaggies while the game isn't supposed to? What resolution video is fraps recording? Does the original video have the jaggies? What program are you using to convert the video?

By default, divx has a bit rate of 780kbps.

1. What settings do you have when capturing with FRAPS?
  2. What applicatiion are you using to encode the RAW file to AVI?
  3. What are the settings on DivX?
If the RAW file looks good then you have a problem when encoding.

Quattro said:
PM a mod and get it moved to the games section.
I think other people may be trying to do what your doing in that section.

Sorry I couldn't help.

You guys better learn to post in the proper section. This should stay here since it isn't a game problem.

heh anways thanks guys i got it corrected Dc5e hit the problem on the nose . was my bit rate was too low. now i have it set high ( and no jaggies )......

Back