• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Memory for NForce2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bopbop11208

Hi,

Looking for a Memory (pc3200 1gb 2x512) that would perform around 220-250 fsb on a Asus A7N8X-E Dlx (Nforce2) Mobo. Is this even possible on this mobo.

Budget around $250

Thanks

I don't think that board has too many examples of those kinds of high fsb.

If it is capable, then currently the best ram would be one using the Samsung TCCD chips. These will run tight timings (2-2-2-x) at 200 fsb and will hit 250, usually with something in the range of 2.5-3-3-x.

PQI, PDP/Patriot, OCZ and all of the other major ram makers have modules with these chips, although some sell for a little more than $250.

Well I heard good reviews about the PQI but then again all are tested on a Athlon 64 system not for barton or nforce2 system. I'm wondering if I can get the same results similar to those Athlon 64 systems...

That big PQI 2-2-2-5 thread started off mostly with guys using nForce2 based Abit NF7 boards and Bartons or mobiles. It works just fine with them. My 2x256 set ran 215 or so at those tight timings, if I remember correctly. Your board/cpu will quit before the ram does.

If you are unusure about the TCCD based stuff, then another option for you is some good ch-5 based ram...it plays pretty good with nForce2.

Back