• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CH-5 Chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bopbop11208

could you tell me more about this chips, are they power hungry as same bh-5 do they perform well compared to tccd chips or bh-5, thanks

correct me if I wrong but if your buying a memory you should be looking for the lowest possible setting that it will run to.

I would like to know more too. These seem to be really overlooked. If you can give them voltage they have bh like characteristics don't they? You can't go up as high as the bh chips but still 250 or am I wrong?

They're hit or miss. Some of them don't do well at all with volts, and hit around 230-240 with 3-2-2 or 3-3-2 timings. Some lucky CH5's, though, seem to like voltage even up to 3.5v, and can reach around 250 with 2-2-2 timings. It's hard find this type, though.

So say the khx3200ak? It's hit and miss with these sticks. They're on sale at frys for $160 after a rebate. Is it worth the risk or not?

It depends on what you're looking for. If you'd be happy with around 235 3-3-2, then they'd be great. And it's pretty hard to beat that for $160. However, if you're looking for more, you may or may not get it.

saltytheseagull said:
So say the khx3200ak? It's hit and miss with these sticks. They're on sale at frys for $160 after a rebate. Is it worth the risk or not?
are u talking about the pdp stuff. if they are ch5 u cant beat the price, many so called valuram costs more.. if they are ch5, many of those chips have run to 230/240 at 2.2.2.5/2.3.2.5 with 3.2 volts. so in my opinion its a good deal..

What kind of characteristics would one look for to try to spot CH-5 with out being able to actualy look at the chips BEFORE purchasing them? These windbonds seem to be an option worth concidering. Or would this be a worthless persuit, and I should just stick with some TCCD's. Thanks.

my ch-5 runs 249 @11-2-2-2 cpc on 3.2v
however, i switched from my dfi lp b back to my nf7-s, so now they are running 200 11-2-2-2. my abit is very unstable over 200 (it's a v1.1 :()
if you are looking for a high fsb go with the tccd
if you are looking for a medium fsb with tight timings i would chance it with ch-5
good luck!!

Back