• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feuer Frei

Hello.
i have a P4 2.6 at 3.17 ghz with crucial pc3200 (non-ballistix) at 242 FSB at 1:1 divider. and the voltage at 2.8, stock timings 3-3-3-8..(is is prime95 stable and goes threw many hours of intense gaming(far cry, doom3, hl2). Is this mem even supposed 2 go this high? THe manufacturer says that they dont support ocing, but many reviews proved that wrong..
So how do they get 242 FSB on 1:1 and stock timings? (im not complaining :beer: ) THis has come 2 a great supprize 4 me since they are far from the best ocers.

- Feuer Frei

I dont have time rite now 2 open up my case and take a look, but wat can u tell from those numbers and i believe the manu is micron, i have 4 sticks of 256, 2 of them are matched and the other 2 are just 2 random more sticks of pc3200 256 from crucial.

- Feuer Frei

sorry, should have explained it better.

What they tell you is info on the manufacturer and revision. Since they are crucial, they are almost guaranteed to be Micron but the other numbers are important. Different revisions of the same IC's can show much different results in terms of overclockability.

Well, the One in 1st and 3rd slot say: 0344 2-2
MT 46V32M8
TG -5B C
On the one in the second slot: 0446 1-1
MT 46V32M8
TG -58 G
I believe the one in the 4 slot would say same as the one in second slot, All are crucial pc3200 256 mb sticks.

- Feuer Frei

you got nice sticks there! they can go higher. Try at 2 sticks at one time, for example oc 2 -5b c and then try another 2, that is the better way to find out with pair are better.

Back