• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS PC3200 issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zeshon

Registered
Hey, im starting to go a little crazy with this. My system is an MSI Neo2 Platinum with a 3500+ winchester core. I have 1 gig (2x512) pc3200 XMS that I am trying to make not suck. At the stock clocking, it runs as pc2700 ram. I have the voltage at 2.7 now, and when I try to get it up to ddr400 fsb, it either cant load windows or doesnt post. Should I take it up into the red zone, or is my processor not clocked fast enough. Any help you can offer would be great.

very interesting..
I just put together this box, and so much for that plug and frag crap they boast about,
my mobo set mine at wrong settings, 3-5-3, etc, when i got the low lat stuff... not sure,but maybe we got bad sticks? doesnt seem right. i had to manually set mine in bios too

Its corsair XMS. I have a feelings its the voltage. I doubt its bad ram, but im gonna test it for a while longer. If I cant get it right Im going to RMA it.

Are you sure you're not ocing your processor too much? What fsb is a 3500+ suppsoed to run at? Try changing the clock ratio so you fsb is normal but you ram is running at ddr400 .

My proc is not overclocked at all. I have not done anything to it yet but oc the ram. mysubaruimp, what is the voltage on your ram?

My OLD corsair XMS cas2.5 wouldn't run at spec in my K8N neo platinum. It was pretty old. Some pc3200 kingston value ram actually ran better than my corsair XMS.

I talked to the ram guy at corsair and my 512mb pc3200 cas2.5 XMS ended up getting replaced with pc3200 XMS XL cas 2 2 2 5 for free. It turns out corsair really does garuntee their memory to run at or above spec for life.

I'm about to do the same for the rig in my sig cuz my corsair XMS cas2 is sucking as well won't run at spec or barely does. Definitely won't overclock worth anything where as it was running 235 in my nforce 2 barton2500+ rig =)

I had some of this stuff and was having problems too.
Test each stick separately. I found a difference in between my 2 sticks.
I ended up taking them back to the store and getting some Mushkin L2 v2 which is very nice.

i managed to get it to 3.2 by putting it up to 2.8 volts. I cant change timings though. Where do you put in the command to get the extra bios stuff?

Corsair XMS version?

I've heard there is version of the CMX256A-3200C2 Corsair memory, but I don't know what its mine. So, Is it there some kind of program that tell me the chips that used my 2 x Corsair CMX256A-3200C2??? Thanks

Back