• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will i notice a difference between 512 and 1024?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

will i be able to tell the difference between having 512mb of ram and 1gb? i am considering buying another stick of 512 since the prices are so low on them right now. i have a corsair value select 512pc3200 ddr400 and am thinking of getting the mushkin 512pc3200 ddr400. will a notice a difference in performance in my computer?

Hi, :)

I just purchased a gig of ram myself -
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=354252

One of my games was using 437 mb of memory & so I had to do something.
Talk about lag... :bang head

You will notice it most in some places, and not notice it in others.
Depending on what you do.

Remember only having around 128mb mem or less? then upgrading.

Same thing here.

Good luck with it & enjoy a "Gig" of memory.

:cool:

^^ Agreed. If you're a gamer, you will benefit greatly from a gig of memory. If you do a lot of multitasking, you will also benefit greatly. If it's an internet/word machine, i wouldn't waste my money.

Definitely with playing games especially with a lot of bots and crap.

But I have noticed desktop too, when you have multiple instances of IE/Firefox, media players, and whatever other crap there is definitely a difference.

but who has multiple instances of firefox, it has tabbed browsing =P

but yea, get the ram if you like to muiltitask... i only have 512 ad i need some more...

Watch out tho, you would want to use the same ram again or from the same manufacturer, you are able to run ram from 2 different companies, but its much more compatible and better to run just from the same company
and a gig would help.

- Feuer Frei

Back