• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best DDR2 from CanadaComputers...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Counda

Looking for some DDR2 dual channel 1024 (512x2) RAM for my new system, I will be buying from THIS page. I'm currently looking at the Corsair XMS 2 2x512MB DDR2 667MHz 240-pin, $419. Is there anything on that page that's better, for under $500?
Also, is that RAM I picked silver, or black/purple? Can't find a pic of it anywhere :(

It also needs to be compatable with the Abit FATAL1TY.

EDIT: Just noticed - I don't think that RAM I chose is compatable... It's 667mhz, FATAL1TY only goes up to 533mhz (according to the specs I found HERE...). So I guess I'm now looking for the best 533 on that page, for under $500...

Well I actually just got some of that but not for that mobo. It is has a silver heatsink on it. And if I am not mistaken then the 675mhz is nothing to worry about. I was reading things and it will be 533mhz when you put it in but then you should be able to overclock it to at least 675mhz. I also read that for that memory that you should be able to get it to about 730mhz or more. I can not tell you how good it is yet I get mine tomorrow and will put it in probably this next weekend. If you are not going to overclock it the OCZ is suppose to be the best or overclocking it slightly but to maximum speeds the Corsair XMS2 performed best from where I read some stuff.

*Sorry forgot which one it was it is black not silver.
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=20-145-539-01.jpg/20-145-539-02.jpg

Last edited:
Back