• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PQI Turbo Memory Went Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a dual channel kit by PQI but not with the same chipset that those probably do. I think those have the Samsung TCCD chips, very good overclockers. And it was only a matter of time before they started jacking up the prices. And yes the difference is the pretty colors of the heatsinks. Good memory, there is a very lengthy thread if you have a couple of days to spare, good informative reading.

EDIT: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=322406

Last edited:
when the ram first came out, i bought a 512mb stick of it. I'm now wanting to upgrade to a gig of the stuff. i'm on an AMD rig so i hear DC won't help me much, so could i just buy another 512mb stick and everything work fine, or do i have to go through the trouble of selling the 512 and buying a 1gig DC kit? thanks!

by the way i'm on an NF7 v2.0 if that makes a difference.

Mirage_03 said:
when the ram first came out, i bought a 512mb stick of it. I'm now wanting to upgrade to a gig of the stuff. i'm on an AMD rig so i hear DC won't help me much, so could i just buy another 512mb stick and everything work fine, or do i have to go through the trouble of selling the 512 and buying a 1gig DC kit? thanks!

by the way i'm on an NF7 v2.0 if that makes a difference.
just get another 512 stick. i had two sticks of 2700 from different manufacturers in DC at 3200 speeds with no problems.

Back