• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what chips are these?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

annoncompgeek

Registered
modules are kingston value ram
KVR333/512R

On the chips :
F441091W2C
0441N01
D32080X1T-5R

My guess is CH-5 but i bought these last week at best buy and i thought ch-5 went out of production last year sometime.

It is just about next to impossible to tell what the original chips are on Kingston relabeled ram. All you can do is test them and see how they perform.

edit:

I've got 2 individual DDR400 sticks sitting in unopened boxes with very similar markings on the last two lines so I'm mildly curious as to how yours do. I got these on sale due to a pricing error and picked them up for $25 each. I planned on hanging on to them, and then in I can find some recognizable chips, I will buy those and then "return" these in their place. If you get some good results, then maybe my plans will change. :)

By the way, why is it that you think yours are CH-5? I don't think that I've ever seen or heard of DDR333 with CH-5 chips. Do your chips have the Winbond "dimples/circles" on them? Mine don't.

Mine are marked as follows:
N420023W1C
0420N01
D3208DX1T-5U

Last edited:
i was guessing ch-5 bc the ram runs flawlessly at ddr400 @ 2-3-2-11 timings at 2.5 volts. My motherboard is a biostar el cheapo model so i cant push the ram to its max yet until i get another bios chip for my socket 939 rig. So far its been up to 220 mhz 2-3-2-11 but the motherboard wont remain stable at that fsb even with different ram. The chips themselves only have 1 dimple in the lower left corner. Any ideas?

That is pretty decent for a set of unkown chips. Maybe I should reconsider getting rid of mine, huh?

As for what chips, No idea really, maybe relabeled Mosel or Infineon. Winbond is making chips for Infineon so that might explain your decent timings.

My 2 sticks have that same little hole in the corner as well. Winbond also has 2 larger circular markings across the center of the chip (about a third of the way, more or less, from each end).

Yeah, Samsung has it also. Some chips, like Micron, which have those little half-circle cutouts on the edges are easier to identify, but otherwise, its tough to pickout the chips in KVR or others with relabeled chips.

Back