• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill / Abit AV8 Timings help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acesea

So i upgraded recently to 939 from 754 and got a a64 3000 90nm 939 and decided to take out the ocz 3700eb and put in the gskill 4400le. Either my old mb or the ocz couldn't really stick around the higher oc's at 270 and up.
Anyway, i am very happy with the new cpu and setup, the cpu hits around 290x9 right now, i backed it down to 275 to burn it in. The same goes for the ram, its running sync at 275 with 2.6v feeding into it.
I am still burning in the system to get better speed, however i am having a difficult time tweaking the memory timings. This is probably the one thing I am not too good at, and ive been trying to read up on it to no success
Anyway, heres a pick from gskill with my motherboard memory bios settings. My setting right now are exactly what the pic displays:
2.JPG

I know this memory should do around 300fsb easy, as others seem to hit this no problem.
Everytime I seem to adjust the timings, the system dies on me, I must not be adjusting it correctly and it causes errors. Can someone either tell me what I should set it to, or explain to me the correct method on how to go about setting the timings. Whats the relationship amongst one timing to another, i remember a while back i saw that theres math formulas for it, if one clock is one thing, the other has to be something.
From what I understand, I have it running right now at 2.5-4-4-8, but i know it should run less than that, perhaps 2.5-3-3-7 or so. What should all the other timings be set at?

Thanks for the help.

What CPU CYCLE?

May you show more information in the BIOS option?

General 0440 spmw CPU is easy 2.7g
0448 spaw is easy 2.7g OR above

Others is not.

3000+~US160~
4000+~US6XX

But Now AMD process is very powerful.

Like a64 3000 90nm 939 is 1.8G

Check your CPU is powerful or Not.

Like 275MHZ environment
SET 275X8=2200MHZ
SET 275X8=2475MHZ

cpu multiplier x7 or x8 x9

LDT 2 OR X3 (if in the high mhz environment)

I know some motherboard is powerful ,others is not.

try these BIOS-Parameter.

I'm not really following you. I understand, that the ldt should be set lower, actually i have it running at x3 to be safe, but the other info i don't really care about as im not too concerned about the cpu right now. I want to get the timings on the ram figured out. What other bios images should i post?

lemme try this again.. can those who have the GSKILL TCCD DDR550(PC4400) 2.5-3-3-7 ram, tell me all there ram timing specs and the fsb they are running at? also the volts you are feeding the ram.
i just changed the bios timings to this and was able to boot and run sandra:
1T

I found someone on the forums that was using these timings on this ram and tried them. However, at 270fsb with 2.6v i get errors in superpi as well as memtest. i also tried higher volts, however ive read this ram likes 2.6 best. am i missing something? this ram is guaranteed to do 2.5-3-3-7 up to 275fsb or ddr550 right? am i doing something wrong or should i contact g.skill? thanks.

Last edited:
acesea said:
lemme try this again.. can those who have the GSKILL TCCD DDR550(PC4400) 2.5-3-3-7 ram, tell me all there ram timing specs and the fsb they are running at? also the volts you are feeding the ram.
i just changed the bios timings to this and was able to boot and run sandra:
1T

I found someone on the forums that was using these timings on this ram and tried them. However, at 270fsb with 2.6v i get errors in superpi as well as memtest. i also tried higher volts, however ive read this ram likes 2.6 best. am i missing something? this ram is guaranteed to do 2.5-3-3-7 up to 275fsb or ddr550 right? am i doing something wrong or should i contact g.skill? thanks.

Hi, let me know how this works out. I'm in the exact same postion except I have a gigabyte k8nxp.

Skeetman

Alright, well as an update heres whats up..
I just ran memtest for around an hour now with my ram at 2.5-4-4-8 timings with 2.6v @ 275 and got a bunch of errors. In contrast from what I understand this G.Skill is suppose to hit 275 with 2.6v @ 2.5-3-3-7 guaranteed. I have played with the volts to see its effects, and even 2.65, 2.7, 2.8 give errors. So Im gonna contact G.Skill and most likely have them replace the chips. This sucks, we'll see how that goes.
I'm mostly ticked off at the fact that I paid extra for these LE chips from G.Skill which are supposedly speed binned for the best timings, and these won't even hit there stated (and supposedely already error tested) speed. Anyone have a problem with G.skill on here?

edit: on second thought, ill just try and rma them at newegg. i've never had a problem with them and it might be quicker. can someone just please verify that for the most part i did check everything and that this ram is really defective and not meeting it designated speed. hopefully i didnt miss something stupid and its my mistake. is there any chance that its the motherboard that can't handle the 275mhz oc on the memory?

Last edited:
Back