• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the word on this brand of RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i dont know much about patriot ram but i do know that if you want to use ram for overclocking ocz ram is highly recommended.if you cant afford the platinum series than take a look at their performance series of ram on their website.

bobmanfoo said:
spend a little more and get THESE sticks, they OC just as well as the OCZs

The Patriot TCCD is great. I've hit 280 with mine so far, and I run them at 250 fsb 2.5-3-3-7 for daily use. Definitely worth a buy.

deception``

deception`` said:
The Patriot TCCD is great. I've hit 280 with mine so far, and I run them at 250 fsb 2.5-3-3-7 for daily use. Definitely worth a buy.

deception``

I love mine...only 225 fsb here (not stable) because of my mobo (need custom bios) but its AMAZING RAM. People get near 300 fsb on it!

Ya get the Patriot XBL stuff in the second link. That stuff is pretty nice. It uses the highly recommended, tested, run real fast, Samsung TCCD chips on them. Save for an extra week or two if you have to. It will be worth it.

Patriot Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MB x 2) DDR PC-3200 w/ XBL Technology - Retail

Just bought that today for 224.XX with shipping. Is this just as good as the G.Skill that goes for 245 bucks? Just curious if it's REALLY worth it =/. Am I gonna need a VDimm booster?

I was trying to figure out if this is better than my Buffalo PC4200 2x512 Hynix BTD43 modules. I'm going to buy A64 really soon, and wanted to buy TCCD before they either increase in price or sell out. I wonder if I made the right choice, but I just purchased them from newegg for $224 about an hour ago.

deception`` said:

deception``

280 fsb... what timings and vdimm? What mobo? And what did you pay?

I just got this stuff (the dual channel 1 gig XBL) and I can't get it to post past 200mhz. MSI K8N Neo Athlon 64 3200+ latest BIOS. Won't boot at 230, blue screens before I reach login at 220. Clockgen will bump it up to 230 in Windows but prime95 errors out in under a minute. Anyone got any suggestions???

Even with very loose timings and voltage maxed it still won't work right. 230mhz @ 3-4-4-10 doesn't boot even @ 2.85v. *sigh* All I read was great reviews and now I am possibly very disappointed.

Majoring in computer science at IU, btw.

korruptedONE said:
Even with very loose timings and voltage maxed it still won't work right. 230mhz @ 3-4-4-10 doesn't boot even @ 2.85v. *sigh* All I read was great reviews and now I am possibly very disappointed.

Majoring in computer science at IU, btw.

What is your HT Frequency set at??

With those off brands of memory it is usually a crap shoot. Sometimes they work well and OC like mad, other times they barely boot at thier specified speeds. Most of the time you can OC them with very loose timings.

HTT is set anywhere from 200-230, with the HTT multiplier set at 3x instead of default 4 so that's not an issue. But the board works fine at those frequencies as long as the RAM is using a divider to keep it near 200, so it's not the PCI bus crapping out or anything nor is the HTT bus too high.

This is TCCD RAM so it shouldn't need a voltmod. Additionally, while they aren't exactly well known, Patriot has been around for 20 years so it's not like they are some ghetto company. Furthermore the RAM is RATED up to 533mhz (DDR) @ 3-4-4-8-1T @ 2.85-2.95v, so there's no reason it won't go to 460mhz (DDR, 230mhz base).

http://pdpsys.com/products/PDC1G512G3200+XBLK.pdf for ratings of speed.

So either it HAS to be the RAM, which I'm not sure of but will try to test in a friends K8N Neo2, or, knowing my luck it will work fine and it's because my K8N Neo is a *******.

I have a CG revision Newcastle 3200+ stock that does 2.5ghz with ease. Even if I downclock the chip it still doesn't matter. Have tried different slots and one stick at a time and still same problems. Is it possible my on die memory controller is just crap and its my CPU holding me bacK?

That would suck.....thing cost me 300 bucks last fall :mad:

Anyone that comes up with a working fix gets a prize!

try the ram in a different pc, i doubt its the ram as it is tested at 266mhz 3-4-4-8, you should be able to hit 266 with 2.5-3-3 or 2.5-4-3 easy

RAMMAN said:
at least when you get any type of ocz ram you know there is no risk of getting a poor overclocker.

Same with the G.Skill

Just to let you all know... PDP's XBL line are not OVERCLOCKERS... they are labeled as pc4200 as well. Check the tables at their website.

Okay... I got this ram today and so far I am at a little over 1 hour prime stable at 250x10 on my nf7-s. Running 2.5-3-3-11 at 2.8volts with CPC off d27 Taipan... I don't think many people have matched 250fsb on 1gig on the nf7-s like me =)

This RAM is heaven (knock on wood).

Back