• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sargetalon

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I sure could use some help. I have an Asus A7V333 mobo, an Athlon XP 3000+, and 2 sticks of Corsair XMS 512 PC2700. Previously, I was running 2 sticks of Samsung 256 PC2700. I upgraded the ram and now the computer is highly unstable. Nothing is overclocked as of yet. My timings are 2.5-3-3-6.

I run memtest86 on each stick individually, and they both pass no problems. This is true for each of the three DIMM slots.

I run memtest86 with both sticks and I get 6 errors in test 5 with the ram in DIMMs 1 and 3. I've done this at both 2.5V and 2.8V with the same effect. The errors are always in test 5 and only test 5.

Moving the Ram to DIMMs 1 and 2 gives me 196 errors.

Any ideas on why I can't get both sticks to play nicely together and what I can do to get it to work? Thanks in advance for your help.

Both XMS are same verson? if not they are might difference chips on each stick
Are they dual channel kit?
Set your mem timing at SDP
Your mobo is KT333 chipset, only one channel memory. Like what you said you have more error when you move the rams to slot 1 and 2 than you have rams in 1 and 3. I think you have 3.3V line undervolted, check it with multimeter.

!!!!!Welcome to the Forums!!!!!!

did you buy this as a twin set? sounds like you need a rma... any idea what timings its supposed to run at?

Back