• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ VX cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danr

Registered
whats the best way to cool thes e- i plan on sticking an 80mm fan on top of them?

Ad Rock said:
Ummmm that seems like it might a little advanced. I mean that WB looks like a work of art and NOT something just anyone could go about and make.

Just stick a 80mm fan over the ram and make sure your case has enough air flow.

No kidding? You don't think you can build that in your garage? Heck, I must have put together at least 5 of those just last week. :)

Yes...it is advanced and no...not everyone...and actually, more like hardly anyone, could build that. Even with access to a machine shop. That is why I posted the link...so that it could be admired, not for it to be copied.

I have benn thinking about trying something like for the longest time but never thought to have just flat copper on the sides then hav e the from the mem to tranfer to a top monted block all my ideas have been to have the water on the sides of the mem...i think that it "might" be harder bit i am not sure how i would have it mounted though...i guess i will have to draw up a design...that would be just awsom what would "safe" (LOL SAFE!!!) voltage be with water cooling? 3.7?? i have heard of peple running 3.7 ON AIR with BH-5 but that is BH-5 not microm or TCCD...

ive just powered up my new build - coolerstacker and thermaltake xp 120 and the amount of cold air the xp 120 fan and the cross air blower showers the ram in is immense. i dont think i will need a fan as if i hold soem tissue over the ram its blown to kingdom come.

ya, the way the Neo2 is laid out, the xp-120 hangs over the ram QUITE a bit (almost too much since you can barley get the ram into position) but you do get "hella air flow" on the ram!

add the booster in there, and its a TIGHT FIT!

120boosterfull4mo.jpg

Back