• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Xeon overclockers out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coldfuzzion

Registered
Ok, i have a supermicro X5DAE (doesn't support any bios overclocking). I now know that a year ago i should have went with the asus board, but at the time i thought stability would be better than any overclocking i would want to do, whoops : )

I understand (and have read) that there is a pin mod, in which you snap or use a non-conductive paint to allow a 400 fsb xeon to be able to be seen in bios as a 533. I own 2 2.4 24x Multiplier, 400fsb on each. So the question is has anyone done this mod. And if so do you have any advice paint vs break, and what you used to do it.

Also if this is successful, and i get it to run at 533 fsb, that means that in theory if i can get them cool enough that i could hit 3192 (24x533) without using a volt mod or anything of the sort.

I was also wondering why you guys used to cool them, currently i am running the out of the box intel coolers, but if i oc them, i would think that i would want something better :)

Thanks for any help/advice.

Last edited:
Well I'm going to be ocing once I get my water cooling for my noconas. as it is right now, they are heating up my room with the stock cooling and no oc at all. Not to mention they are ridiculously loud.

you can also just insulate the pin with a small sleeve of plastic wire sheathing and do the pin mod to get 1.6v...then if it doesn't work at 3.2ghz...unsheath it, sell those 2.4ghz cpus and get some one's that will do 3.2ghz :)

Back