• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini-Mac

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Too bad they screwed up and forgot one very key feature.

No TV OUT.

I would have bought one otherwise.

"1.42GHz G4 processor, 40 or 80GB hard drive, a slot-loading CD-R/DVD-ROM optical drive, 256MB DDR SDRAM and ATI Radeon 9200 graphics chip with 32MB dedicated DDR SDRAM"

Uhh, no thanks. That thing is crippled, bad. I'll give them credit, I like it better than an eMac, and it's priced cheap (for once). But, I'd like to see the G4 replaced with the same speed G5 and a better video card with TV out, like fishy pointed out.

Regardless, I will be checking this thing out the next time I go to the apple store. :D

its not bad for a portable computer, but i just dont think that im going to be taking it anywhere. i applaud apple for the concept, but im sticking to my pc

Haha, cool! I think its better than the two dual g4's we have.

Uhh, no thanks. That thing is crippled, bad. I'll give them credit, I like it better than an eMac, and it's priced cheap (for once). But, I'd like to see the G4 replaced with the same speed G5
Uhh, at the same speeds, I didn't think a G5 performed better than a G4.

I just bought one... :eek:
well see what it is all about...

MAC MINI 1.42/512/80/DVD-CD-RW 674.00

Last edited:
I think that little thing is awesome! It may not have every feature you can imagine, but having a g5 would increase the cost and probably the size, too (needs better cooling). Besides, this isn't supposed to have everything and the kitchen sink. If you want that, why don't you get a powermac? They aren't going to make a modle that canibilizes the sales of the more high end products.

I was thinking of getting a used 700mhz emac for $500, but then this came along- faster and easier to use on my current desk w/ a kvm switch!

Thanks apple!

jozwikjp said:
Did you guys check my link?? above.. Do you see the discounted prices?? and how nice I am for sending it :)

Yea, thanks for sending that right after I bought one! :bang head

Looking at eBay, I checked prices on similar Macs. Cheapest I saw was $600... This is a good deal. I'll have to save up and get one eventually. I've always wanted to try OSX, and PearPC never worked for me.

Same here. I was going to buy one on ebay for about this much. It would have been much slower, but now I can have this. I love it! Thanks apple!

Their presentation was just awesome too.

-Sam

Back