• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't you just hate it...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabber359

...when you finally buy 95% ofthe components for your brand new PC, only to have a colleague tell you he can get them cheaper directly from the distributers?

BAH !

See I've been trying like crazy to get a set of Logitech Z-5500's for Saturday, but 99% of all computer stores don't have them in stock, delivery time 2-4 weeks. So at work (yes I work in the IT sector) I was talking to a colleague and he reminded me that he would still gladly pick up my OCZ PSU for me (he lives in the town with the store)m, but I told him I had it all sorted, but still needed the Z-5500's to complete everything and no one had them.

He then proceeds to call the main distributer (for AMD, Intel, nvidia, ATI...Logitech, etc etc) and he gets them for me...for 275 euro, OMFG, the cheapest I found were 289, most expensive 379

I wish I had known that he could do that earlier, bleh, anyhow, for the z-5500's it's still :attn: :burn:

connections my friend, that's all. I'm getting my waterblocks cheap from a friend's dad who knows someone who works for swiftech, Got my Xeon's for cost from a buddy of mine that works at a computer shop.

That's insane. Congratz on the good find. I used to work at CompUSA and we would have distributors come in all the time and do special offers to the employees which was awesome. Not to mention the little seminars we would be invited to where they would give out free stuff. I remember back in the day (around January 2000), when AMD had a seminar on their new Athlon 600mhz chip, and they were going to give everyone one for half off! Talk about excited, it was my first build and, compared to my mom's 450mhz, was an unstoppable beast! Oh the days of Starcraft, HL1, and DungeonKeeper 2....

Back