• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a real stupid question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RP Racing

Why is it some kids (age not withstanding) think its funny to get into a school's computer and screw it up? Was reading a post on a linux forum and some kid said "Its fun to get the system password and change things". Dont they think WHO ends up paying to fix the computers? Granted when I fixed the computers in high school it was more physical damage than OS damage. Heck, how much could you do to an Apple IIe other than ripping the drive ribbons and breaking the controller cards? I dunno. Just needed to rant a bit.

there just stupid punks, and when they get sued or suspended, or whatever they'll learn. They should have to fix what they do, and then have to fix any problem that arises with the computer they tampered with for a year. That'll teach them. Or screw up there computer and as long as the one they broke isn't working, they can't use theres. I here you man, hacking is prevelant at my College, and people come to me to fix things that hackers did, and it just pisses me off.

now that would be funny. making them have to fix the mistake, and keep the computer running good for a year. i could imagine it.

*kid* - " uh...its saying some error, i don't know what to do "

*teacher* " well your the one that broke it, you fix it. and if you break it where it can't be used again, you will have to pay for it. we arn't helping you on this one "

*kid * " oh crap...where is the local computer nerd when i deed one? " * starts to sweat, thinking about having to tell his parants he has to buy the school a new computer*

hehe.

lol, the people in my school also screw with the computers by constantly hitting the 'reset' button and doing a bunch of other 'childish' crap to them.

furiousfords89 said:
lol, the people in my school also screw with the computers by constantly hitting the 'reset' button and doing a bunch of other 'childish' crap to them.

In my computer theres a kid that think he's king of the world... always pushing people around, messing with the power button on things when were working on em (computer, xbox, etc..) unplugging things...

The other day a few icons appeared......

A few things dissappeared......

And a few services were shut off.........

Instantly came yelling at me.. WTF did you do?!! and I didnt even do anything... ... although I know who did... I taught him... Just funny how big and tough some people are, until they are getting picked on....

Now, the people destroying stuff, like messing up the entire computer to the point of reformatting, or worse is just annoying, and they deserve to be denied privleges....

I may be considered one of those "punk kids", but I'm also asst tech person at my school.... :p

Back