• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick questions regarding Case LEDs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CAPiTA

Hey,

I've got a few dollars left over and I was thinking of replacing the LEDs in my new case, the Lian Li V1100. I've got a couple of questions.

What size are typical LEDs for HDD and Power leds, 5mm or 3mm? (I don't have the case yet, it's being shipped)

Last question: Is it possible to just pull out the normal LEDs and replace them with one of these blue ones without resistors?

http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Mer...en=CTGY&Store_Code=Bigfoot&Category_Code=0327

After searching, I found out that the typical mobo headers for LEDs run at 2V. Would this be sufficient to power the LEDs?

Thanks.

EDIT: I don't know if this should be in the Modding section, but I've found my answer. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
They're typically 5mm, but you should check your case and measure the ones you have.
And yes you can simply replace them, IF you buy the right voltage LEDs. 2V to 3V will work.

I buy LEDs from Chi-Wing on ebay. You ca get 10 shipped for the price of just one at most other stores.

I swapped out the power and HDD LED's on my PC with 2 5mm blue ones without problem. Just needed to do a little soldering. Didn't need to add any resistors. They're bright as hell though. :) Definitely shop around if you want blue. Radio shack wants close to $5 each!

X1g

Back