• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moniter problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaddyD302

Registered
Lately the moniter has been blacking out, like it's being turned off. I would have to hit it to get it back on. Not sure what's causing this. Sometime it would kinda dim itself for a bit then go back to it's original brightness. I have a desk with a ledge that allows me to put my other computer on top of it. I also have my 17" next to it. Both are about 5 " away from my moniter. Is this causing it to black out or is my moniter dieing? Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Have you checked the power cable going into it? Lose conection in the socket? My mate had a problem with his, the end that went into the monitor had got trampled. He replaced it and it worked fine after.

Other than that, i cant help. Gl

D.L

yea i bet its the plug that goes into the blue vga port on the back of your video card is loose. push it in as far as it will go and tighten those screws down.

Thanks for the repy but I don't think it's neither one. The power plug is secure and so is the plug to the video card.

Back