• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xeon silence, finaly!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Got my order in from bestbyte.net, 2 80mm 33db fans and 2 80-60 adapters!

Needed to mod the adapters to fit the wind tunnels, but it was prety easy, good thing too because those 60mm, 38mm Deep fans were killing me!

I'd recommend this mod for anyone with xeons!

yeah, i used that route for awhile... the only problem i ran into was taht the 60mm - 80mm adapter wouldn't fit directly into the wind tunnel plastic casing because the outside of the 60mm part was round and didn't have a ledge to be clipped on. So I ended up gutting a old 60mm fan to get it to fit.

After all that, my 80mm's were almost to my side window, so then i made my own special side window with a vent and that dropped my temps even furthur. My fans weren't top quality, but they worked pretty well. I ran them on a controller so i could control them too.

Its a good cheap cooling solution if you want to save money, but if you have around $100 to shell out, you could get yourself some of those cooler master stacked fin heatpipes. I got some recently and my temperatures dropped after venting my rear 120mm fan directly to them, forcing air to be sucked through them. I run a good 5c cooler than using the 80mm fans and i never hit 60c on load. I only go up to like 55c and I run two less fans now.

Here's a decent one, if anyone wants I can take em of and take some closer pics...basicly I jsut toko a dremel and cut slits in the corners so the clips would grab, also needed to drill out or widen the fan screw holes, very simple took 2 minutes.

p10101818dg.jpg

Last edited:
the wind tunnels can work both ways, the black ones that I got have adapters for teh sides as well but that won't work on the PC-DL, and probably a lot of there workstation type boards. I've seen clear plastic ones where you can only come in throught eh side but I'm not sure if they all come that way.

No, I probably should post this over at 2cpu, they'd probaby like to see....they're nuts about the xeons...escpialy since the LV's are so cheap.

Hehe yeah I've been kicking around 2CPU for about 6 month now, just itching to get some of those 1.6s... better yet I have a contact who can get me them for $80.

Hold on, what's the deal with these 1.6GHz Xeons? Mad overclockability?
I mean, they're cheap and all, but are they Noconans with EMT64? If they are, then I might see what you guys are getting at...

well my OC to 2.8ghz is sub par....so yeah, mad overclockable!\

These are an increidble deal, IMHO, you usualy pay this much for one p4 which will OC this high, let a lone 2 xeons!

No they are not noconas nor EMT64, but that's 100 for BOTH of them, not each.

Back