• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC shuting off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlucardCasull

I started playin cs, and i got 2 BSOD's (couldnt get the error intime before it restarted) in maybe a half hours time. Now my pc is just shuting off completely. I have speed fan, and am under 40c (except for one sensor which says 130c, but i got another program, everrest, and it doesnt show me any temps that high.) I am at a loss at the problem, please help. Thanks.

Well im sure you already know this, but make sure that you have the right video drivers for your video card, all though i really doubt that is causing the problem. I would first check to make sure that the heatsink is seated properly, and even if so, reseat it heh. Sometimes pc's can be finky. What is your o/c? Have you ran p95 to check for stability? Also, what OS are you using? BSODS went out in like what windows ME?? ahh the good ol days...windows ME heh.

killerkid

Most problems like this are usually caused by RAM, heat, or the PSU, not necessarily in that order.

i updated my video drivers, im using xp pro, and i cant hold a OC for more than a few days, so im not overclocking at all. I felt my video card after one of the "shut offs" and it wasnt very hawt at all. I havent tested the ram so ill do that later.

Back