• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange sound...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiffler69

okay so i had this strange sound coming from my case, i decided to open it and clean some of the dust out of it. then i plugged it back in and the sound was still coming, so i unplugged the 120mm fan and it took most of the strange sound away, but there still is some kinda rattleing sound in there and id like to know what it could be? any of u have ideas or what is causing this, all i have now is the 90mm fan, cpu fan and my power supplies. as im typing this the sound seems to be going away...

it starts then stops, over and over again please help me out this is really bothering me

Sounds like your fans are going bad. Test each one and see which is making the noise. They also may be just a little loose, tighten the mounting screws and see if that stops the rattle. if not and unplugging the fans stops each fan from rattling, replace them.

can i stop the cpu fan? and how do i go about stopping the power supply fan?

Back